Monday, June 20, 2011

300 Days Till Christmas Project - June 20, 2011 - 187 days to go!!

It's a beautiful Monday morning in my part of the world.  Rainy, dreary, kind of cool.  Nature's way of reminding us that Spring still has a couple of days left before giving way to the official start of Summer.  It's a great day to be inside, to be cross-stitching, reading and baking.  I hope to accomplish all three today.  At least I don't have to water the lawn and all the gardens!!

Up until yesterday, I spent all my time since last posting doing cross-stitch, based on the same design, a Santa Claus.  Well, really, except for one (as you'll see), just Santa's head.  Surrounded with a variety of holiday greetings.  Loved it because they were quick and easy to do.  I won't post all the photos, just a few so you get the idea.


I also did one using the entire Santa Claus.  Same basic concept though.


After a lot of Santa, it was time to move on to something else!!  My dear friend, Lady Caroline, sent me a book that she had.  Thank you Lady Caroline!!!  It's a book of Christmas cross-stitch designs.  They're all fairly small and simple, so they'll make great card-fronts, ornaments, etc.  I picked one to start with, based on a patchwork quilt pattern.  There are four designs in this style, so you know I'll end up making all of them.



I still haven't figured out what I'll do with all of the cross-stitch that I've completed.  Some of them are just right for card-fronts, but others are too big.  Those might make good ornaments, but I've got work out how I would mount and back them to make them look best.  I'm also toying with the idea of some kind of wall-hanging that would incorporate several of the completed cross-stitches, maybe in somewhat of a "quilt" motif.  I'll have to think on this for a while.

I also need to start thinking about what comes next.  I designated June has "yarn & thread" month, doing some knitting and lots of cross-stitch.  I'm sure I'll continue to do both of those, but don't see where I can keep doing them all the time.  Perhaps some wreaths for July?  Maybe work on a couple of Advent calendars and Advent wreaths.  Hmm.  Still too soon to start serious baking.  Really, I'm not too worried!!  I have lots I still want to do.

Happy week to all!!
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment