Monday, April 4, 2011

300 Days Till Christmas Project - April 4, 2011

A quiet few days, but the projects continue.
On Friday, as I reflected on the life and gifts of Alden Tyrol, the former conference center director who passed away last week, I created a God's Eye ornament.  God's Eyes were often one of the crafts our groups would undertake during our week at Silver Lake.  It had been years since I made one, but my fingers remembered after only a few minutes.  Funny thing, I didn't have any thin dowels around to use as the "frame" for the God's Eye, so I had to use an old pair of chopsticks from takeout!  Not Christmas colors, but it looks great in the tree.  I'll be making more in "appropriate" colors for the holidays.




Friday was all about finishing some more knitted bell ornaments.  I've completed 15 so far.  May not seem like a lot, but I'm not the fastest knitter!!  I've done a couple of difference sizes and three colors. 



On Saturday, my wonderful husband took me shopping.  I got some more of the yarn that I've enjoyed using to make some of the bells; and I got two more sizes of knitting needles.  I'll be a veritable bell factory!!  I also had a fun idea that I'll have to try eventually - I want to get some orange yarn, knit orange bells and then add black jack o'lantern faces on the bells, for Halloween.  Fun!


Yesterday and today, I was back to some cards, thank you cards to be specific.  Started them yesterday - cutting, stamping and embossing.  Today some gluing and finishing touches.  Same basic design as the previous thank you cards, but a little fancier, glued on the dark green cardstock.



Not sure what's coming next, but I have some ideas for some cards using photos of ornaments that Jon and I took last Christmas.  Other cards, too; and, of course, more bells!!

-Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment