Thursday, April 28, 2011

300 Days till Christmas Project - April 28, 2011 - 240 days to go!!

Wow, I've been doing this project for two months now.  60 days.  In some ways much easier than I thought it would be, but still a bit daunting as I realize how much time is left.  Now that spring is springing outside, there are some days that will be harder than others to work on Christmas, but it will happen!!  :)


One brand new project this week.  Fun and super easy.  I bought a couple of packages of button candy.  Cut them into strips, and have created a button candy chain for the Christmas tree.  Really cute, and it's made me think how fun it would be to do a candy-themed Christmas tree.  Hmm .... might have to seriously consider that one.  I'll have to start cruising garage/yard sales and try to score some small artificial trees.  I have several ideas for theme trees.


Here's what the chain looks like.  I only used one package for this one, and it goes completely around the tree,




I also worked on some knitting.  A few strips for the knitted tree chain, and I started another bell.  This one isn't really in any Christmas colors, just various shades of blue.  Got to mix it up a bit!!


And today, I'm back working on schrenschnitte, the paper cutting.  It's very intricate and time-consuming, but so satisfying when I'm done with one.  As I said when I first wrote about it, I found all of these printed on heavy, parchment-type paper, so there's no tracing or transferring of the patterns.  Just grab a small pair of sharp scissors (I use the kind that I think nurses use for bandage cutting.) and start!


Here are a few photos of a couple that I've recently completed and the one I started today.





Just looked at my logbook and realize that I haven't made any cards in almost a week!!  Well, I have, but the ones I've been making aren't Christmas cards.  I've been working on birthday, thank-you, anniversary, etc.  I just might have to make some Christmas cards tomorrow.  Or over the weekend for sure, since the weather is supposed to be pretty cruddy.


Take care,

-Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment