Tuesday, March 8, 2011

300 Days till Christmas Project - March 8, 2011

So, there was a change in plans yesterday.  After finding out that I didn't get the temp job I'd interviewed for, I was pretty annoyed, so instead of templates and the like, I channeled my "pissed-off-edness" into a dozen cards.  Used the pieces that I embossed and cut a few days ago to create the cards.  Gold embossed onto dark green cardstock, then used lavendar cardstock as the card base.  My favorite is what I'm calling a nativity card.


I'm sure I'll be making many more using this basic theme, and have ideas for doing it with different colors and textures.  I'd like to try doing it with some watercolor paints.

Here are some more shots of the cards from yesterday:




Thanks to my Mom for the great conversation about this blog yesterday.  Mom is a retired Home Ec teacher who is a master quilter, knitter, etc.  I really appreciate her encouragement and ideas for Christmas projects!!  And for the felt and anything else you send, Mom!!  XOXO

-Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment