Sunday, March 13, 2011

300 Days Till Christmas Project - March 13, 2011

What a great, beautiful weekend!!  Yesterday we headed out to the paper store.  I picked up some cardstock.  I needed red, because, after all, you can't make Christmas cards without red cardstock!!  Of course, I couldn't stop there - I got some burgundy too.  And a few other colors for a few non-Christmas cards because, yeah, I do make other cards!  I bought a box of cream-colored envelopes.  One thing I've noticed is that because of the style of cards I make, and the materials I use, most of the time my cards look best with envelopes that are a bit off-white.  And, score purchase of the day - some white cards trimmed with green glitter.  All I had to do was add some "bling" to them and stamp some messages or decoration on them, and there would be cards!!  Oh yeah, they were on clearance!!  So I bought three packs of 25 each. YAY!!

Picked up some "bling" to glue and stick on, and headed back to Creative Ground Zero!!  The Saturday project was "blinging" the cards - with sparkly stickers in the shape of Christmas lights and poinsettias.

Today's project (in and amongst watching my dear husband make me a cold frame for the vegetable garden) was to finish the cards.  I stamped the insides, mostly with a simple "Merry Christmas" stamp, but embossing the message in a variety of colors: red, gold and black.  Lots of fun, easy, and now I have 25 more cards to add to my growing pile!!

And here, of course, are some photos!

-Jayne



No comments:

Post a Comment