Tuesday, March 22, 2011

300 Days Till Christmas Project - March 22, 2011

After a few days away with limited opportunities for Christmas creativity, I've jumped back in with both feet!  And it feels so good. 

Yesterday's activity was mostly making cards.  I finished off the red cardstock and most of the pieces that I'd stamped, embossed and cut.  Just put them all together to make a bunch of pretty red cards.  Since I've done a lot of similar stuff already, no photos of those.

I'm playing with the haiku - I have a bunch of "lines," pieces and parts that I need to complete at some point.  When inspiration strikes, I guess!

Today's fun and continued jumping back into the creativity has included some new cards, some gift tags, and working more on knitted bell ornaments.  I created the cards using another pack of the green glitter edged blank cards that I picked up a few weeks ago.  I decorated with "packaged" bling, and stamped the inside with a combination of "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays" greetings.




Yeah, I think I'm really obsessed with cards right now!!  Well, it's just too soon to start baking!  :)  And I found a few new card ideas online last night.  I'll just have to get a few supplies and try them out. 

After the cards today, I made a few gift tags.  Usually I make all my gift tags from the previous year's card fronts.  I cut them down with decorative scissors, punch a hole, and add the "to" and "from" stamps, and tie them on the Christmas gifts.  But I decided to make some gift tags out of some of the longer embossed pieces I made last week.  I'm pleased with them.



And now, I'll knit for a while.

Oh yeah, I'm looking for ideas of things to do with egg cartons.  I have a bunch and will continue to, since I do so much baking.  I know that I can make little bell ornaments out of them, but I want some other ideas as well.

-Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment