Tuesday, March 29, 2011

300 Days Till Christmas Project - March 29, 2011

Yikes!  I can't believe it's been a week since I've written here.  Not like I've even been busy or anything either.  Just a bit lethargic, taking things pretty slow.

In the past week I've written a few haiku.  My favorite of the bunch is this one:
clear, calm and wondrous
silent, holy, crisp and cold
greet the newborn babe
Other than that one, I was seeing a pattern develop, and the haiku were starting to sound the same.  So, for fun, I'm working on writing haiku using familiar Christmas songs and carols as the base.  Something a bit different.  I'll have some of them here eventually.
I also spent a lot of time knitting the past week.  Worked on a Christmas gift, and worked on a bunch of Christmas bells.  Last night I did the finishing work on several - stitched up the seam, added the jingle bell and they're ready to hang.  Here are a few shots.
Another thing I worked on was card pattern research.  As much fun as the card-making is, it's really easy for me to fall into a "rut," using the same stamps, same style, etc.  So it's time to be shaking things up a bit.  I found some really cute patterns, in a couple of books that I have and online.  The nice thing is that I've already got most of the supplies I need on-hand, so I can give them a try any time.  And I have a few supplies to get, and a few favors to ask of my more talents sewing and knitting relatives, and then I'll be able to try the others that I found.
 
Meanwhile, I'm back to cards for a few days.  I have some navy blue cardstock, and a bunch of stuff that I'd already cut, embossed, etc.  I'll see what I can come up with from those.
One thing I thought of in terms of cards is that at some point I want to make some Thank You cards that are specifically for Christmas.  I did it once, several years ago, and they were really handy.
 
Off to card-making!!
 
-Jayne


No comments:

Post a Comment